Professional Baseball News NJ/NY/Philly
NY Mets :
- New addition Young slots in leadoff for Mets June 19, 2013Still searching for a reliable leadoff hitter, manager Terry Collins inserted Eric Young Jr. immediately into that spot Wednesday against the Braves, playing him in center field.Anthony DiComo
- With Atchison to DL, Mets recall Brown June 19, 2013As expected, the Mets placed right-handed reliever Scott Atchison back on the 15-day disabled list Wednesday, recalling outfielder Andrew Brown from Triple-A Las Vegas.Anthony DiComo
- Mets ink first-rounder Smith, plus dozen more June 19, 2013In addition to first-round Draft pick Dominic Smith, who made his signing with the organization official on Wednesday, the Mets announced that they have inked a dozen more of their Draft picks.Anthony DiComo
- Official ruling gives Wright another career hit June 19, 2013MLB made an official scoring change to last Wednesday's game against the Cardinals, ruling that David Wright's bouncing ball in the eighth inning -- originally an error on David Freese -- was in fact an infield single. That means that when Wright saved the ball from his 1,500th career hit Tuesday night in Atlanta, it was technically his 1,501st. […]Anthony DiComo
- Mets strike late to help strong Wheeler win debut June 19, 2013Like a wise veteran, Mets starter Zack Wheeler cleaned up his own mess on multiple occasions to turn in six shutout innings in his Major League debut, but it was batterymate Anthony Recker who helped spark the rest of the New York offense in securing the top pitching prospect's first big league win, a 6-1 victory over the Braves to complete a doublehead […]Eric Single
- Wheeler fortune: Zack spins gem in MLB debut June 19, 2013As Matt Harvey completed his final work assignment of the day, debriefing around two dozen media members -- a larger-than-normal contingent -- following his afternoon start, Zack Wheeler sat quietly five locker stalls away. If the crush of clubhouse visitors bothered him, he did not show it, leaning back in his chair and thumbing through a cell phone.Anthony DiComo
- Mets top Draft pick Smith set to sign contract June 19, 2013One day after Matt Harvey and Zack Wheeler gave Mets fans a glimpse of their future, the team plans to cement another brick of that plan in place. First-round Draft pick Dominic Smith will officially sign with the Mets on Wednesday, the first baseman confirmed via his Twitter account late Tuesday night.Anthony DiComo
- Wright collects 1,500th career hit in victory June 19, 2013Considering David Wright is already the Mets' all-time hits leader, every milestone from here is simply gravy. The latest occurred Tuesday evening, when Wright rapped out a ninth-inning single for his 1,500th career hit. That extended his franchise lead and moved him into a tie for 593rd place all time.Anthony DiComo
- Mets acquire Young from Rockies for McHugh June 19, 2013In their continued quest for outfield improvement, the Mets acquired Eric Young Jr. from the Rockies late Tuesday night in exchange for right-handed pitcher Collin McHugh. Young will report to the big league team in Atlanta, possibly in time for Wednesday's game against the Braves.Anthony DiComo
- Harvey flirts with no-no, fans career-high 13 June 18, 2013With Zack Wheeler set to make his debut in the nightcap, Matt Harvey responded with one of the better performances of his already-sublime young career in Game 1, holding the Braves to one hit over the first seven innings of a 4-3 Mets win, before things grew hairy for him in the eighth on Tuesday.Anthony DiComo
NY Yankees:Unable to display feed at this time.
Philadelphia Phillies :Unable to display feed at this time.