Professional Baseball News NJ/NY/Philly
NY Mets :
- Inbox: Mets should hang on to Syndergaard January 26, 2015What will the Mets' Opening Day lineup look like? Is holding on to Noah Syndergaard the right move? Beat reporter Anthony DiComo has answers in the Inbox.Anthony DiComo
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 second basemen January 26, 2015Leading the array of new faces among top second-base prospects is Jose Peraza, who could soon be part of a formidable double-play combination with Andrelton Simmons in Atlanta. Micah Johnson of the White Sox and the Blue Jays' Devon Travis are the two players who remain from last year's list.Teddy Cahill
- Mets aim to corner market with Duda, Wright January 23, 2015If all goes according to plan, David Wright and Lucas Duda will be the Mets' cornerstones during a 2015 playoff run, serving as their Nos. 3 and 4 hitters and the core of their offensive unit. If not, the Mets may have an uncomfortable situation on their hands.Anthony DiComo
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 first basemen January 23, 2015As has become an annual occurrence, the list of top first basemen lacks a bit in the elite prospect department. But there is good news: There are two players on this list on this year's Top 100: Josh Bell of the Pirates and Matt Olson of the A's. That doubles the total from the 2014 preseason list.Jonathan Mayo
- Cuddyer: Don't count out Mets in NL East January 22, 2015Depending on the source, the Nationals' signing of Max Scherzer makes them either extreme or prohibitive favorites to win the National League East. Yet count new Mets outfielder Michael Cuddyer among those unwilling to crown the Nats just yet.Anthony DiComo
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 catchers January 22, 2015Though only one catcher (Blake Swihart of the Red Sox) fits in the top 40 spots on MLBPipeline.com's upcoming 2015 Top 100 Prospects list, talent behind the plate actually runs deep. The Minors are teeming with backstops who have the tools to contribute offensively and defensively in the big leagues in the near future.Jim Callis
- 2015 Prospect Watch: Top 10 left-handed pitchers January 21, 2015Though none of the left-handers who ranked on this list before last season began have graduated to the big leagues, there are still several new faces on this year's Top 10. Julio Urias, Henry Owens and Andrew Heaney are the holdovers, albeit with their order reversed from last year.Teddy Cahill
- Prospect Watch: Top 10 right-handed pitchers January 20, 2015There are always a ton of right-handed pitchers on the Top 100 Prospects list. The 2015 version is no different. All 10 on the list are in the Top 100, and then some. Some of the names are familiar. Five right-handers -- The Mets' Noah Syndergaard, Archie Bradley of the D-backs, the Rockies' Jon Gray, the Orioles' Dylan Bundy, Robert Stephenso […]Jonathan Mayo
- Inbox: deGrom primed for more dominance? January 20, 2015Can Jacob deGrom be expected to repeat his rookie success? What must the Mets do to overcome their rough recent history vs. the Nationals? Beat reporter Anthony DiComo has answers in the Inbox.Anthony DiComo
- Mets ink Gee, Tejada, Murphy to one-year deals January 17, 2015The Mets settled on an $8 million contract with second baseman Daniel Murphy, a $5.3 million deal with starting pitcher Dillon Gee and a $1.88 million contract with infielder Ruben Tejada, according to a source. They exchanged figures with first baseman Lucas Duda and closer Jenrry Mejia.Anthony DiComo
NY Yankees:Unable to display feed at this time.
Philadelphia Phillies :Unable to display feed at this time.